Wednesday, June 27, 2012

New project - Monogrammed Hand Towels

I enjoy making gifts for people's birthdays. It is so much more fun than just shopping, besides I never know where to start. So I started looking up some ideas on craft websites and got excited when I saw a tutorial on Martha Stewart for monogrammed hand towels.

                                             

It is such a classic look, but I couldn't just monogram, I had to do something to personalize it even more. The gift is for my sister-in-law and she loves toile. I got a cotton polyester blend of linen-look fabric (I didn't want to use linen because who wants to iron hand towels), and a small swatch of toile to sew on the end. Then to cover up the seam, I sewed the length of ribbon. The letter is from MS Word. I printed it and created a stencil. And ta-da! Tell me what you think!





The link to my inspiration:
http://www.marthastewart.com/273499/monogrammed-hand-towel?czone=holiday/santas-workshop/santas-handmade-gifts&czone=holiday/santas-workshop/santas-handmade-gifts&center=307035&gallery=275134&slide=273499

2 comments:

  1. very pretty; I'm sure she will love it and you totally remind me of your mom with hand towels--most of the hand towels I own she gave to me ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Check you out miss creative!! They are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete